MLLSS Oba Google Meet Held on Sunday, 21-01-2024

Description of my image
profile image
By: Ijeomah Anthony
On 2024-03-30T15:45:04.298Z

Meeting started at 04:10pm and Paul Oko lead us with opening prayers.

• Paul Oko welcomed all members to the meeting and gave a brief introduction of the Association, he further stated its essence and benefits to member since it was formed.

• Mr President (Oscar) recapped the events of the last Re-union which necessitated the call for a meeting to discuss and agree on issues raised during the re-union.

On the Issue of Cap (Members Identification)

• Mr President (Oscar) promised to produce more caps before Easter so members will pick at production cost.

• Maxwell talked about other means of identification the Association should adopt.

• Ojodo encouraged members interested in caps to get while does that don’t like caps should get other items for identification that the Excos will make available.

• Chidi Umezinwa (Boric) suggested we add branded mufflers as means of identification.

• Kardinal supported the idea of having another means of identification alongside Cap.

• Dr Isa Onyejefu supported the idea of producing more Caps since interested members will pay for it and mufflers to be added as a means of identification.

• Mr President concluded the topic by supporting the call for muffler to be added as a means of identification to go along side with Cap.

On members who don’t pay Dues 

• Dr Isa proposed that members who default in payment of dues should not be removed, he stated that by being our classmates, they are qualified to be members of the Association BUT should not get any entitlement or financial benefit from the Ass. If the need arises.

• Members; Nonny, Kardinal and Chinweike supported Dr Isa on that comment.

• Maxwell in addition to Dr Isa’s comment reminded all that Dr Isa’s comment was not only proper but is also backed by the constitution of the Association.

On Re-union dates; Annually or once in 2 years or others

• Ifeanyi Ojinnaka (Rodman) supported re-union after 2 years sighting the economic situation of the country, cost of hosting re-unions and advised that interesting contents should be added to our re-unions to attract more members. 

• Ifeanyi Onyeka (Oil) proposed a re-union at the end of every tenure of 2 years where a new government will emerge and be handed over to.

• Due to inclusiveness of members who are absent, Paul Oko called for an online voting on WhatsApp the next Sunday where all members can vote.

On Regional Meetings

• Paul Oko proposed Regional meeting every 4 months and called for members to take it seriously.

• Maxwell called on the Excos to take Regional meetings seriously and draft agenda that will stimulate members to participate and make it more fun.

• Chyke supported Maxwell and so did all members.

On Investment

• Maxwell charged the Excos to bring up ideas on investment so members can choose from them.

• Udeagu suggested we set up a committee to deliberate on Investment plans and get back to the Excos.

• Emmanuel Agu proposed an Investment plan of Fix deposit stating that it’s the investment plan that suites our purse.

• Benedict charged member to endeavor to pay their outstanding levies to raise funds to an appreciable amount to invest and get bountiful returns.

• Excos were charged with the responsibility of setting up a committee to discuss on the investment plan that suites the Association.

Upcoming Election

• Moderator Paul Oko reminded members about the upcoming election coming up later in the year. He promised to set up an online poll for member to vote on the duration of a tenure the next Sunday.


• Paul Oko proposed an on-line meeting every 3 months to give members the opportunity to disclose their ideas that can move the Association forward.

• Ifeanyi Ojinnaka charged the Excos to periodically post the Account statement of the Association to the General WhatsApp forum for members to have a fill of the amount we have in our purse.

• Ifeanyi Ojinnaka’s comment was supported by Dr Isa.

• Maxwell appreciated everyone for making out time for the on-line meeting and charged the Excos to bring out plans and ideas to make the Association livelier E.g. Business, Health, Igbo or History Discussions as well as try to be present in the day to day running of the WhatsApp channel. He also discouraged members who are well to do financially from collecting any palliative meant for members who are still struggling.


• Paul Oko on behalf of the Excos appreciated members for making out time to have the first on-line open meeting and called on Mr President for closing remark.

• Mr President also appreciated members for taking part in the meeting and urged the financial team of the Excos to be posting statement of account every 3 months. He also called on members to bear with the Excos noting that NO Exco is been paid for their services and they equally have other things that need their attention. 

Mr President pleaded with members to desist from insulting or abusing members or Excos for any reason what so ever noting that we should spread love not abuses. He also promised to bring back aggrieved members who left for one reason or the other who are willing to come back.

• Paul Oko said the closing prayer at about 05:40 PM and the meeting was closed.